Posted on April 21, 2015 by Info-bot
Lakes of Fire 2015: FABULOUS CONTRAPTION
June 17th-21st, 2015
Lucky Lake Campground
3977 West Wilke Road
Montague, MI 49437
What’s crackin, y’all?
We trust that the ticketing experience has been clear and bottleneck-free for everyone. If you won a chance to buy tickets in the initial Lottery, but haven’t yet done so, ya better hurry! Unclaimed winning Lottery purchase offers will expire WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22ND. That’s THIS WEDNESDAY. By Thursday the 23rd, your unclaimed chance to buy tickets will be rescinded, and your offer will be given over to the waitlist!
If you didn’t get tickets in the initial Lottery, don’t give up! Start reaching out to friends in your community, who may have an extra from their winning waitlisted number. Remember, only REGISTRANTS can get added to someone else’s winning lottery draw. If you don’t know how to reach out, just start here! http://www.lakesoffire.org/connect/
Then get all excited, because the Effigy burns in less than 60 days! http://tinyurl.com/loffigy15countdown
It’s not too late to register for our ticketing waitlist, although those who registered prior the lottery are considered at the “front of the line.” Check here for more ticketing details. This information is extremely useful and important. http://lakesoffire.org/ticketinfo/
Opportunities to volunteer are now live! Start here! http://http://www.lakesoffire.org/volunteer/
This year’s Survival Guide is HERE! http://www.lakesoffire.org/survivalguide/
Registering your participation helps us help you, and plan for your needs! All the links are further on down below.
* The deadline for sound camps and art projects seeking placement on our map is next Monday, April 27th.
* The forms for Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and theme camps wanting placement, must be filled out by Sunday, May 3rd.
* What/Where/When forms for events, art projects, workshops, and camps wanting a write-up in our guide book and calendar must be filled out by Sunday, May 17th.
* Fire spinners wishing to participate in our pre-burn Conclave must register by June 3rd.
For a quick Principled Minute on our Radical Self-Expression principle, start here! start here! https://soundcloud.com/lakes_of_fire/radical-self-expression
Donate to our Art Grant Fund! Click this link, then the DONATE button. (http://www.lakesoffire.org/artgrants/) and then click the DONATE button!
Lakes of Fire is a 100% volunteer-run event, which means there are lots of motivated individuals, a.k.a. moties, to wrangle! There are also a lot of volunteers busy volunteer-ipating that need pre-event coordination and on-site support (read: food and swag). If you’re interested in herding cats, wrangling new volunteers on-site, or helping appreciate our volunteers during the event, please consider spending some time with the rockin’ Volunteer Coordination Team!
Want to volunteer? Great, and thanks! Just follow this link: http://www.lakesoffire.org/volunteerform/
* Volunteers who contributed the required amount are offered a chance to purchase a volunteer appreciation ticket or "thank you ticket" for the NEXT event as a thank you gift for that service. Service in 2014 qualified for a 2015 ticket; service in 2015 will count towards 2016, etc.
* All Lakes of Fire volunteers need tickets to enter the event . . . even G.L.E.A. Inc. board members, who serve year-round, purchase tickets.
* Thank you tickets will be available in 2016, and volunteers have a limited amount of time in which to purchase them.
* There is a CHANGE in what constitutes “qualifying hours,” for 2016. Please note:
* 8 confirmed hours with Lakes of Fire qualifies you for guaranteed ACCESS to a ticket during the volunteer appreciation purchase window. This is a full price ticket.
* 12 confirmed hours put in with Lakes of Fire qualifies you for guaranteed access to a REDUCED PRICE “Volunteer Appreciation” rate of no more than 50% off, during the volunteer appreciation purchase window.
Let your Volunteer Coordinators know if you’ve got any questions or concerns, and thanks!
Foxfur and Bananas
REGISTER YOUR PROJECT: Help us help you!
If you’re bringing an art project or theme camp, fire spinning or fire art, a mutant vehicle, or other contribution to Lakes of Fire culture, please register your participation! We love to facilitate projects and artists we know are coming, get you placed on our map, or in a secured location that’s for your self-expression! In fact G.L.E.A. Inc., brings some resources and knowledge of the existing frameworks that can help you get it up and running!
Art Registration- for any visual art project or installation that would like to be listed in our Map. (deadline 4/27) http://bit.ly/art_project_registration_2015"
D.M.V. (Department of Mutant Vehicles) - for anyone with an art car or mutant vehicle that would like to be able to roam the streets of Lakes of Fire during operating hours. (deadline 5/3) http://bit.ly/mutant_vehicle_registration_2015
F.A.S.T. (Fire Art and Safety Team) - if it’s got flames coming out of it, please work WITH US so we can abide by relevant local and state laws. Let us help you make it fiery! (deadline 5/3) http://bit.ly/fire_2015_registration
Fire Dancers and Conclave Performers - fire performers interested in our pre-effigy burn conclave performance. (deadline 6/2) http://bit.ly/conclave_registration_2015
Theme Camp Registration - got a theme great large or small? Want dedication real estate that’s not in open camping? Great! Get yourself registered. (deadline 5/3) http://bit.ly/themecamp_registration_2015
Sound - Is it bigger than a boombox? Help us facilitate with maximal safety! (deadline 4/27) http://bit.ly/sound_2015_registration
Volunteer - if you want to volunteer with G.L.EA. Inc., go here! http://bit.ly/sound_2015_registration
WhatWhereWhen - If you’d like to list your event (theme camps, educators, artists, or anyone) in our printed WhatWhereWhen guide, this form is for you! We accept limited hours and all day events. This year you can log in and submit an event, and change or delete it at any time before publication! Last year’s WhatWhereWhen Guide was 72 pages of Lakes of Fire goodness, and we expect this year’s to be similar! (deadline 5/17) http://whatwherewhen.lakesoffire.org/
PLACEMENT: What are you bringing?
Are you bringing a Theme Camp, Art Project, Workshop or a Mutant Vehicle this year? Registration for this year's event is open! See all the links above, or click on the usual suspects below!
The Placement Team is here to help focus your vision, integrate that vision into the landscape, and mark you on the map.
Please help us out by registering early. The sooner you register, the sooner you can secure the best spot possible.
Someone from your camp must be on–site by Friday, June 19th at 12:00 noon to hold your reserved theme camp spot. When you arrive on site, don't forget to tell your Greeters which camp you are from and you will be directed to Placement.
Here are some important deadlines:
1) Sound Camp & Art Project registration ends Monday, April 27th
2) Theme Camp registration ends Sunday, May 3rd
What/Where/When entries end Sunday, May 17th
Lakes of Fire respects the needs and regulations of the communities surrounding the event. Some of your music may travel beyond our perimeter and into these communities. Therefore, we must limit high–powered sounds to reasonable hours. Basic sound rules are listed below, but please note that they may be subject to change before or during the event. Excessive sound is the single most likely reason that law enforcement officers will visit Lakes of Fire.
1) Report the sound equipment you have with you at the Gate upon entry, even if it's just a boom–box.
2) The Sound Squad (Rangers, Organizers, and Sound Team Volunteers) may ask you to turn your volume down, or completely off. Honor these requests.
All sound equipment 100 watts or larger must be registered and permitted prior to the event as a Lakes of Fire theme camp.
You must register by April 27th. If you are bringing lower powered sound equipment or musical instruments, please check with the Gate or Placement volunteers for information on where to set up your camp. Ask for a Placement or Sound Squad assistance in placement.
There’s a lot more great information here: http://www.lakesoffire.org/survivalguide/#sound/
RADICAL SELF-EXPRESSION: Do your thing!
Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.
We treasure the unique gifts of each actor. Lakes of Fire seeks participants, but no one can devise the content of another’s self-expression. It's up to you how YOU are going to be a participant.
A Principled Minute on Radical Self-Expression starts here! https://soundcloud.com/lakes_of_fire/radical-self-expression
That’s what we’ve got for you this time.
See you at the FABULOUS CONTRAPTION!