Are you looking for funds to fuel your artistic dreams? With immense pride, G.L.E.A. Inc. / Lakes of Fire is pleased to announce the opening of our fifth grant cycle for 2019. We are proud to continue to grow this program and it’s all thanks to your community support! As participants, your participation that has made this program possible, and it is quite literally your money that will be funding these grants.
There will be one grant cycle with up to $35,000 in potential grant money. Returning for 2019, a small amount of money has been set aside specifically for our youth burners (under 18 years of age) to get them more involved with art projects. If you have a young Burner with an awesome idea, please make sure to submit your proposal!
The Art Grant Application process opens Saturday, January 19, 2019 and closes Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 1:00am EST. Ideally, the art grant committee would notify all applicants about all funding decisions by the end of the week of March 19, 2019.
ART GRANT GUIDELINES
Subject to the below guidelines, Lakes of Fire takes a broad approach to its consideration of what kinds of projects are eligible for an art grant. In the past, Lakes of Fire has funded a broad range of new projects covering the full spectrum of artistic disciplines, i.e. including visual art, performance art and interactive art.
Artists should keep the following guidelines in mind when applying for a grant and preparing a detailed budget for our consideration:
- Art grants are intended to fund new projects. Returning projects will only be considered for a grant if they are expanding on the original project by building a new piece for the event.
- Any projects that are funded by the event should be available to the community as a whole to experience.
- Art grant are intended to cover the cost of raw materials (i.e. wood, steel, paint, fabric, solenoids etc.) Art grants cannot be used cover the cost of labor or the purchase of tools & equipment (i.e. such as a generator, drill, projector, camera, boat or vehicle).
- Art grants cannot be used to fund personal transportation for you and your team to the event. Funds from an art grant may be used towards transportation costs required to bring large projects to the event.
- Lakes of Fire may fund art cars, but if your project is selected, the funds may only be used towards the cost of the materials used in developing the artistic portion of your project (i.e. the tentacles or wings). The funds cannot be used towards the purchase of the underlying vehicle.
- Lakes of fire art grant funds cannot be used to cover the cost of food or alcohol relating to any project.
- Applications for art grants from theme camps may be considered, but only if the proposal reflects an intention to create a project that has artistic merit (i.e. a sculpture related to the camp) and which will be for the benefit of the community. Art grants cannot be used to build or fund a theme camp itself (i.e. the cost of a dome).
Interested applicants must fill out the 2019 Art Grant Application Form. Please take time to answer all of the questions to be fully considered. You must EMBED EVERYTHING into this document, including project plans, budget, schematics, etc and save your application as one PDF or other document type. To submit your application, email the attached pdf/doc to email@example.com.
All art grant submissions will be responded to as they are received. If you do not get a response within 72 hours please contact the art grant team to ensure we received your submission.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
We know that applying for a grant might be intimidating so we have a few items to help you out.
- This sample art grant proposal will give you a sense of what a proposal should look like.
- Here are some best practices and general thoughts from our Art Grant Committee Members. These are thinks to consider while creating your application.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING??
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t bite.